Our site saves small pieces of text information (cookies) on your device in order to deliver better content and for statistical purposes. You can disable the usage of cookies by changing the settings of your browser. By browsing our website without changing the browser settings you grant us permission to store that information on your device.
PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
- Who are we?
- We are Racecheck Limited. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Other contact details are on our website and app.
- What’s the point of this policy?
- It tells you what to expect when we collect your personal information. Please only use our service if you are completely happy with this policy.
- Generally, the policy covers only information provided to us. If you give personal information to other people, such as payment providers or other websites, please check their privacy policies.
- Might the policy change?
- If so, we will notify you by SMS / email / in-app message or otherwise. We will assume you agree if you carry on using the app or website afterwards.
- Why do we need the information?
- To provide you with our services in line with our contract with you and/or for other purposes (such as marketing) if you agree.
- What do we collect?
- Information which you give us via forms - such as your name, email address, location (not exact address), sporting preferences, event history and upcoming schedule, gender, photos, social media account information - or when you communicate with us in some other way.
- Automated information such as the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the internet, connection information such as browser type and version, information about your device including device-type and device identifier, operating system and platform, mobile network data, a unique reference number linked to the data you enter on our system, login details, clickstream data, details of your activity with date / time stamps including pages you visited and your searches / transactions.
- If you log in via Facebook or other social media: Your email address and friends list.
- What about cookies?
- A cookie is an identifier (a small file of letters and numbers) that is sent to your computer. Our website’s functionality will be limited if you configure your browser to reject cookies. Cookies are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the website owner or others. Session cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser only until your browser is closed. They allow websites to link your actions during a browser session. Persistent cookies stay in the cookie file of your browser for longer (how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie). For further information on cookies, including how to use your browser to block them and how to delete cookies already stored on your device, visit: allaboutcookies.org.
- The following kinds of cookies or similar technologies may be used on our website / app:
- Session cookies: These enable us to keep track of your movement from page to page and store your selections so you do not get asked repeatedly for the same information. They allow you to proceed through many pages of the site quickly and easily without having to authenticate or reprocess each new area you visit. For example, a session cookie remembers your shopping cart selection so you will have the items you selected when you are ready to check out.
- Log-in (“remember me”) cookies: Persistent cookies (up to one year) remember your details and speed up your log-in when you return to our website.
- Analytics: Mixpanel uses persistent cookies and similar technologies (up to [insert max period]) to provide analytics about use of our website and app including to recognise and count the number of visitors as well as providing other information about the visit such as duration. This information helps us to improve the way our service works, for example by making sure users find what they need easily. You can specifically opt out of such cookies here. More info here.
- Intercom: This company uses persistent cookies (up to two years) to [insert purpose of cookies].
- Social media cookies: We use various social media and other third party features on our website including like button from Facebook, follow button from Twitter), Plus +1 button from Google, Pin It button from Pinterest, share / follow button from LinkedIn, embed button from YouTube, These features may involve the relevant companies using cookies or linking your visit with cookies previously placed by them on your computer in order for them to collect information relating to your visit to our website or your interaction with their services or otherwise. Click the links shown above for further information about the specific features and those companies’ cookie / privacy practices generally as well as to opt out where this is possible.
- Facebook cookies: Facebook places third party persistent cookies (up to 2 years) on our website to identify users and display the Facebook sharing tool. Click here for more information.
- Third party log-in cookies: If you log in through a third party website, that website will place its own cookies on your computer. For more information, please visit the relevant pages on third party sites as follows:
- Cookie-warning cookie: This cookie takes note of whether you are happy to accept cookies on this website based on your response to the message which appeared when you first visited the website. This persistent cookie will remember your preference for up to one year.
- By continuing to use our website, having seen our cookie notice, we assume that you consent to use of the cookies outlined above.
- What do we do with personal information?
- Provide our service, e.g. send service messages, process payments, fulfil orders.
- Enable event organisers to send you information about events which you follow.
- Send you our own marketing messages or marketing messages from event organisers (we won’t pass your contact details to them), if you have given permission. You can withdraw permission at any time as explained on our service or by emailing us at the above email address.
- Use it to recognise you when you visit or return to our service to track anonymised traffic and usage patterns, prevent or detect fraud or abuses and help us improve our service.
- If you supply us with someone else’s email address for a “Refer A Friend” or similar offer, to send a referral message to that person and we will then immediately delete it.
- How long do we keep it?
- Generally, for six years after your account is closed - to help deal with any disputes. That timeframe may vary if we are legally required to keep information for a particular period. We will keep your information which we use for marketing until you tell us that you no longer wish to receive marketing messages.
- To whom do we send or make available your personal information?
- To other people who supply us with a service, e.g., e-commerce platform providers, website hosts, content delivery networks and businesses which help us send communications or monitor our website.
- To other users of our service as follows:
- if you create a public profile, other users will be able to see some information about you such as your name, photos, general location, sporting preferences, clubs, event history and activity, upcoming event schedule and who you are following;
- if your account is private, then users will only be able to see your name and photo; and
- your public actions on our service such as your event-related activity, comments, shares, posts and reviews are visible to other users and are notified to your followers.
We may make such information (e.g. your reviews) available to third parties, who may publish it on their websites or elsewhere.
- To the relevant authorities or complainants, if we think the personal information breaches our terms and conditions, or it is necessary to protect us or others, or that a criminal act may have been committed, or we are required to do so by law or appropriate authority.
- To potential buyers so far as reasonably necessary, in the case of an actual or proposed (including negotiations for a) sale or merger or business combination involving all or the relevant part of our business.
- What happens to your payment details?
- These go direct to our payment partners. We do not receive such information. To ensure your details are not being used without consent, our payment partners may send your personal information to relevant third parties including credit reference and fraud prevention agencies, who may keep a record of that information.
- Do we send your information outside the European Union?
- Your personal information which we collect is stored on servers located within the EU and is not transferred to any third countries.
- What rights do you have?
- To ask us for access to your personal information, to rectify it if there are mistakes, to delete or restrict or object to its use in certain circumstances or to “data portability”. (Some of these rights may not yet have come into effect.)
- If you have a complaint about how we are dealing with your personal information, please contact us via the email address above. If you are not happy with our response or think we are not handling your personal information in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
- For more information about your rights, visit the ICO’s website: ico.org.uk.